Announcement of Fourth PHSS Foundation Awards for the Year 2018-19
Professor H.S. Srivastava Foundation for Science and Society, Lucknow established PHSS Foundation biennial Awards in year 2012 to honour distinct contributors, who have created impact on the science and society by their outstanding work.
These awards are presented biennially to the persons nominated by a distinguished personality along with consent of the nominee on recommendation of a selection committee of the renowned experts in the related fields. The committee constituted by the executive committee of PHSS Foundation will select awardees for year 2018-19.
- PHSS Foundation Life Time Achievement Award : Citation, Life Membership of the Society,
Medal and Cash prize Rs. 50,000/=
- PHSS Foundation Award For Social Contribution : Citation, Life Membership of the Society,
Medal and Cash prize Rs. 25,000/=
- PHSS Foundation Award For Science Communication : Citation, Life Membership of the
Society, Medal and Cash prize Rs. 20,000/=
- PHSS Foundation Young Scientist Award : Citation, Life Membership of the Society,
Medal and Cash prize Rs. 15,000/=
- PHSS Foundation Young Women Leadership Award : Citation, Life Membership of the Society,
Medal and Cash prize Rs. 15,000/=
Age limit & Eligibility ( As on 31-03-2019) for Award Number 1 to 5
Awards can be given to a Person of Indian nationality, Indian origin and overseas citizen of India. The major work must have been done in India
- The award mentioned at Sl. No. 01 is for distinguished person in any field of science as evidenced by original, high quality, impact creating research contributions, publications, patents, transfer of technology etc. Age: 60 years and above.
- The award mentioned at Sl. No. 02 would be given for outstanding social work undertaken in backward and tribal or rural areas pertaining to improving life status of people, developing educational framework, agricultural innovations and networking, small scale cottage industries, water conservation, environmental management, poverty alleviation, health management or rural sanitation etc. The quality impact on life of large number of people will be the key criteria. No Age bar.
- The award mentioned at Sl. No. 03 would be given for the outstanding work in the field of science journalism in any language in print or electronic media, science writing or use of any folk form of science communication to the masses. The impact of his/her contribution on dissemination of science among large number of people will be the key criteria. No Age bar.
- The award mentioned at Sl. No. 04 would be given to an young scientist for outstanding contribution in the emerging areas of science, technology, health, environment or agriculture. Age bar : Maximum 40 years
- This award mentioned at Sl. No. 05 would be given to young women for distinguished work done in any field of research , education, social work, women issues, environmental conservation or women empowerment etc. Age bar : Maximum 40 years
Note: Those who have applied for any Awards within last 03 years need not to be nominated again. However, they can submit their updates for consideration of the Selection committee once again for the same Award.
The Vice-Chancellor of Universities, Deans of faculties, Director of Institutes, Principals of the Higher Education Institutions, Professors, Head of Departments/Division, Principal Scientists or equivalent, President/Chairpersons, Secretaries and Directors of Non-Government Organizations and the Professional Societies etc. can nominate a suitable person for any award, which should reach to office of the Society before 31st March, 2019. The nomination form for Awards can be downloaded from the Society’s website: www.phssfoundation.org or can be obtained from us. A summary of highlights of major achievements to be circulated among selection committee members (in 250 words) is to be provided by E mail to us separately. Award nomination form along with copy of the supporting documents should be posted in print copy on the address given below.
Prof. Rana Pratap Singh
Prof. H.S. Srivastava Foundation for Science and Society
Office No 04, Ist Floor , Eldeco Express Plaza, Uttarathia
Rae Bareli Road, Lucknow – 226025, UP India